THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Please read the terms & conditions
Consent from parents/guardians/teachers1) It is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or teacher to ensure that the artwork is submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entry to the competition shall only be valid if the entrant has complied with these terms and conditions. Entrants may be required to provide proof of age and/or identity. By entering the competition, each entrant is deemed to have understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
Entries2) The competition is free to enter, although all materials for the creation and submission of artwork must be provided by the entrants.
3) Each entry must comprise the artwork for a film entitled ‘The Greatest Cinema on Earth’ together with a completed entry form on the competition entry page.
4) Entries must be submitted as a photograph of the original artwork, which must not exceed A3 (420mm x 297mm) in size.
5) Artworks, which must be flat 2D, can make use of any of the following materials, whether singly or in combination: pencil, pen, crayon, pastel, paint. Artworks must not use cuttings or tear-sheets from any existing media.
6) Only one entry per person shall be accepted.
Judging criteria7) The competition is open only to UK residents aged 8–16. Entries will be judged in three age-group categories: 8–10; 11–13; 14–16.
8) All entries must confirm that they have the express permission of a parent, guardian or teacher to enter the competition.
9) Entries will be judged on originality and creativity, and judges will be looking for an imaginative response. Entries must be the original creation of the entrant and must not infringe the copyright of any existing rights holder.
10) Winners will be selected by a small panel of judges from the promoter. The judges’ decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11) Copyright in each entry shall remain with the entrant, but the promoter reserves the right to publish entries as and where deemed appropriate, including, but not limited to, on this or any other of its websites and social media pages and in offline matter. Entrants shall be identified only by their first name and town or city of provenance.
12) The prizes in each age group are non-transferable. The promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize(s) of equal or greater value, but there is no cash alternative to the prizes.
Timings13) All entries must be received by no later than 6pm on Friday 14th July 2017. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry. FDA is not responsible for the email service provided by any internet service provider.
14) Winners will be notified by 6pm on Friday 21st July 2017. Results will be posted on this website within 7 days of that date.
15) If for any reason a winner is not contactable for one month after this date, a different winner will be selected.
16) Prizes will be sent by post within one week of the winner being notified.
General17) The promoter reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of the competition or to withdraw it at any time, as it deems necessary.
18) This competition is not open to employees of the promoter or their families or any associated company.
19) A full set of the promoter’s standard terms & conditions of entry into competitions may be found here
20) The promoter is FDA Ltd, 3 Kingly Court, London W1B 5PW. With any queries regarding this competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org